27 Sep 2018
7 Nov 2017
Work magic with your fingers.
Freshly cut grass.
Oh, the beautiful moon.
Nip in the air.
Listen to nature.
Listen to music.
Groove to the music.
Slow down to the music.
Lick your fingers.
Steal a kiss.
Breathe in the crisp mountain air.
Breathe in the salty beach air.
Lie on a hammock.
Read under the twilight.
Read with a candle.
Cuddle a puppy.
Scratch a cat's chin.
Breathe, baby. Breathe.
And don't say a word to me.
30 Oct 2015
Or is it that you change and everything seems different?
Is change good? Bad? Indifferent? I don't know. But I cannot deny that change is needed. It's necessary. It's the fundamental reason for survival. And evolution.
The perception of change though, can be seen trivially enough to ignore it, or be seen as a life altering point and be made into a big issue. But generally that's not the perspective of the person changing. It's the people being affected by the change.
Do we alter our own need for evolution and survival because we want to appease loved ones? Near and dear ones? The other half? The better half? No. We shouldn't. But is that what we do?
There are so many unanswered questions.
Change is the fundamental constant in life. But so is family. And when change affects family, there are decisions which need to be taken, which don't happen easily.
To change or not to change? That's the question.
22 Jun 2015
New room mate
New work bench
New traffic watching haunt
New walking track
13 Mar 2015
- 1992: Me to my teacher: “I’m shifting to USA” – Dreaming big at the age of 5
- 1994: “She is so little” – Hello, baby sister!
- Struggling with English: My 3rd grade nightmare
- 1996: Library Membership – The gift that changed my life
- “The captain was unstoppable” – Leading from the front
- “You are a Grammar Nazi” – The first accusation of many more to come
- 2005: The start of my bittersweet relationship with Engineering
- To blog or not to blog: Wily Banter – The first blog
- 2006: How Not to Invest – Going from well-off to broke, overnight
- Conquering Public Speaking Fear: 3rd in Technical Paper Presentation
- 2008: ‘Second Big Opportunity to Lead: Elected Class Representative
- Winning a Bet: Award Sweepstake – Class Topper and Best Student Awardee
- 2009: First Job – A Switch from Engineering to Digital Marketing
- 2010: First Professional Win: Client email to COO – “She is an asset you can’t afford to lose”
- 2011: Unexpected Promotion – Newbie to Project Manager in 19 months
- Travel Diaries: Malaysia – The first of many more beautiful places to visit
- Love for Processes Strikes Gold: COO mandates a knowledge sharing process initiated by a colleague and me
- Painting like Picasso – Or at least trying to
- I Love The Client, The Client Loves Me: Growing a portfolio from 2 to 22 campaigns
- 2012: Part Time Cook – Blogging for the love of food
- Still a sucker for competition: Runner-up at a company-wide branding & publication challenge
- #LikeABoss: Handling 72 campaigns, leading a 13 member team and only 24 hours in a day
- 2013: “Is this a number or an Excel related query? Let’s ask Anindita!” – Analytics Spearhead at Flarepath
- Amazing Andaman: Our first family trip since the investment disaster
- 2014: Losing your best friend at 27 – Nothing can change perspective like death can
- 2015: Travel to USA – Will an MBA fulfill a 23-year-old dream?
- Coldplay & Old Trafford – Paying homage to life’s earliest obsessions
- 2024: Designation – CEO, Entrepreneur & Traveler
10 Feb 2015
We go about our routines in a manner of speaking that is not much unlike the processes set by in a manufacturing unit. We hide behind locked doors to post anonymously on blogs that can't be publicly found and read. We write lengthy messages to express our feeling only to not press the send button. We are so consumed with definitions and boundaries and expectations that we do not ever remember what it is like to bloom and shine. And reach out just a little higher. After all, the tallest tree in the forest always spreads its branches a little wider, gets a little more sunshine, and sways more freely.
Freedom is such a cunning word. It gives hope when there is none, it inspires faith and grows a false sense of belief when it would much rather have us suppress our thoughts behind bolted doors, so that we can be molded to the levels of appropriation of society.
29 Dec 2014
Sometimes, I forget how important you are to me. These lines aptly summarize who you are to me.
'You are not my star. You are my whole goddamn sky.'
This year I will be more positive about myself. There is too much we take for granted.
If nothing else works, take a nap. And then come back at it and give it your best shot.
She was his luminary, he was her craze.
The barbed satin beauty and her fiery gaze.
25 Jun 2014
Every little corner, staged another dare
Every breath jagged, each beat cold
Brittle and tarnished, remained her hold
He walked away, torn and lost
Her, he left behind at a great cost
Each day difficult, each breath a sin
Hope seemed lost, and chance seemed slim
Every step meek, every minute told
Time was running out, as the seconds did unfold
He kept thinking, he kept up his lies
Her he couldn't give up, not till the day he died
Families ripped two souls apart, afar
Memories gripped, like the solace of a shooting star
He kept his promise, he knew he was being bold
But he sought out those moments, his warmth in the cold
She was his princess, he was her czar
She, the only diamond, the sky's greatest star
He kept her warm, and held her tight
They talked under the stars that night
She was his luminary, he was her craze
Each a diamond, in the other's life's maze