28 Jan 2007

¿y pensaste que me conocías?


When was the last time u looked at me and wished you could change it all?
Wished that there was an alternative to all that you could see??
Wished that you could change everything altogether?
The face, the mind, the body, the soul?
Rule the spirit that you couldn’t catch?
Wished you could take some of that cheekiness?
Wished you could mould some of that big grin?
Or just plain wished that you could do away with it all?
Just modify me to something you want me to be?
Crush the spirit?
Break the mind?
Conquer the body?
Distort the vision?
Reconstruct the soul?

I am not what you want me to be,
I can never turn out to be someone to fulfill your vision of me,
I won’t change to keep you happy,
I will be selfish for a change;
I will keep myself happy
I will smile again at people I don’t know,
I will help the heartless,
I will speak my mind;
I will trust the cold and the apathetic once again,
I will give in to temptation once in a while,
I will savor the happiness coming my way;
I will fill my world with intoxicated sanity,
I will regain my old brutal ways again;
I will give an answer back when I am insulted
I will value everyone I meet,
I will not let you stamp my self respect;
I will not let you do away with my dignity
I won’t let you have all the fun at my expense.


And the spirit will be born again,
The crushed soul will revive,
The broken mind will emerge stronger than ever,
The conquered body will self reign again;
The distorted vision will be more focused and sharper than ever.

You think you can do away with all this??
Well; you can try,
I live life by my own rules
And I want to be happy till I die.

Reminds me of these lines by Nelly Furtado from her song try.

All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be.

Peace. \m/

7 comments:

Mihir Pathare said...

that's a nice thought... is it your own composition?

Anindita said...

yup!!
I normally don't copy paste!!!
and if I do, it is mentioned!

Mihir Pathare said...

Cool. ^_^ I love it :)

Zapher said...

And who has tried to get smart with you??? Good work girl!! Keep it up!!

Hyperactive maniac said...

bravo!! brraavo!!!! woman!! awesome it is! i love! keep kickin ass babe!

Mayank kedia said...

very very very cool poetry -- every line means so much -- i am amazed .... the one where you write about ruling the spirit you couldnt catch ..... beautifull though .. and yes the poem kicks ass .... its brilliant -- thank you for making my morning.....

Anindita said...

hehe.. cool.. keep coming back for more!! :)