23 Mar 2010

..Glistening Dust..

The eyes bled waiting for you to come back,
The heart sang songs of it's misery past,
You walked your one way street without looking back
Your stubbornness in metal, cast..

You weren't there to help me cope,
As hope and care seeped through my soul,
Only the wind heard my desperate pleas
And the rain saw the gnawing and empty hole,

I slowly patched myself up;
Promising never again to give you a damn,
And you suddenly wanted you way back in,
You cold, obstinate and irrational man...

You smiled like you had never been broken,
You touched like nothing had changed,
You sought out lost promises made by me;
Yet you stayed aloof and acted strange..

People come and then people go,
Starry dreams they all show,
You killed my happiness and took all my joy,
And life, went on, she still flows...

3 comments:

Express said...

:)

I LOVED this one.
But the people who keep their promises are more important I guess :)

<3

Vishesh said...

So does this mean you are back..? remember me?

And she will always flow :)

Anindita said...

@ Shatab -

The promises also matter.... :)

@Vishesh

Yeah, I remember you.. Sorry I haven't been around.. :)