19 Mar 2007

Listening to Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.


Silent conversations...


As I stood there watching the tide come in, I felt the breeze ruffle my neatly combed hair into a perfect mess.. The soft rays of the the setting sun played with my face inviting me to go touch it.. The soft crashing of the waves left me awestruck and tempted as always.. I was so tempted to touch the water inspite of my better judgement.. *Sigh* I am a total water bug..

The sun just sank lower and lower leaving the horizon a brilliant combination of all hues possible.. The pinks, the blues, the oranges, the peaches, the crimsons, the golds.. *Sigh* The horizon.. I have always been so fascinated by the horizon.. I always wanted to take that step ahead and go touch the horizon.. But as my teacher explained to us in fourth grade, you cannot touch the horizon, for every step that you take ahead, the horizon takes a step back.. True, so true.. The pinks and the golds were fast disappearing giving way to the darker colours.. It seemed more like it was a game.. and now it was the turn of the darker hues to take over..

The beauty that the darkness offers is not something that many people can or will appreciate.. It is a shame that people can be so ignorant at the beauty staring them in the face.. As the darkness settled in, I felt a little puppy wandering about.. Obviously separated from its mother it seemed ignorant of the fact that it was alone.. It came near me, sniffing me because I most probably gave him something new to discover.. The little thing was hardly a month old.. It was so adorable.. Seven sniffs and a pat on its soft head and off it went, tottering off to another mission..

The darkness had taken over, the breeze was still soft on my face, comforting even.. A caress.. A gentle touch if you would.. I could see shimmering lights in the far distance.. As the darkness grew more, the lights shimmered more sharply, more beautiful and more awe striking.. They invited me to go join them.. They wanted me to dance to their brilliant shimmer.. And to give competition to these lights were the stars.. It was a clear cloudless night.. The moon away on a vacation as we were told when we were kids.. It was a very clear moonless, bright and enchanting night.. Each star shone distinctly.. Each star whispered out a message.. Each one told me to try and touch them.. The only thing that disturbed the beauty of the stars was a lone aeroplane going off to some far away land.. Ever since I was a kid, I always wished upon aeroplanes.. I made another wish.. As always...

This is when I realised that I had had the most beautiful conversation in ages.. I spoke to all the elements that make life more beautiful and worth living.. It was one of my best conversations.. Ever!!




4 comments:

Joel said...

woah ...!! nice .. u can write sweetie .. though its too many adjectives for me to digest for dinner ... ;) .. and a lill too many sighs too .. >:D< >:D< >:D< one for each sigh ..

Anindita said...

There are only 2 sighs re.. But the extra hug is always appreciated!!!
Thanks :) Ur a darling..

Kick Ass Dude said...

0_0 ........still 0_0

Have u possessed the soul of some old english writer or something ...????

I know what u have written there is something awesome but i am too noobish to actually understand but i believe it must be something very good since me cannot get it :P

Did u use a thesaurus or something too replace ur words ??

Hyperactive maniac said...

soothing.. :) keep writing dear...