27 Sept 2006

SElfishness....

How would u define that word???

I mean people are selfish for so many reasons..... Some do it because they jus wanna be mean... some do it because it brings them some amounts of sadistic pleasure... Some just be selfish coz they r bored... Man.. How low does it get????? I was wondering if what I do can be determined as selfish? What I do does not bring anyone any harm.. Just makes them smile.....

I kinda help people out coz I am selfish.. Not to ask them to return the favour but coz I like to see people smile.. :) I don't know how to perceive of the notion.. I am just as
confused about it as about anything else... But how would it look to another person??? Would u determine my actions to be selfish??? Or would you see it in good light???? I mean today... We got into the bus and I asked this co passenger if she would like me to hold her bag coz I had gotten a seat and she hadn't... Her smile made my day... So would you consider this act as selfish??? Or would you just be plain amused by my interpretation of the situation.... I smile at random people on the road coz In like to see some troubled looking strangers smile back... The thought knowing that I may have been the only person to smile at them all day, fills me with happiness too.... Now, would you call that as selfish????? Or would you determine that as an act of kindness...???? I would like to know, coz I feel that sometimes I am being selfish in this way... But to others... It would just seem like an act of goodness....!!!!

2 comments:

Joel said...

hey in that case isnet everyone selfish !! i mean everyone dose stuff for some reason .. u know .. so every ones being selfish !! :P

friends _m_here said...


well if u feel that ur acts is kind a selfish ..then i must say that u have shown me a new meaning of selfishness....i must say whatever u do or the way u reacted as u told... i must say that u r an absolute sweety (generally) but ultimate selfish (as per ur query in the post)
and take my advice [though i hate this more than anything] plzzzzzzzzzz be such selfish till end of mankind