13 Nov 2006

I am truly daddy's girl. No; don't get me wrong, he doesn't sit and stand upon my beck and call but I guess in someways I truly am daddy's girl...!!! Right from being named by him to all the ice creams and lolly pops; I have too many memories associated with daddy. He is a man that I look upto, tremendously respect and at the same time can share my thoughts and feelings with him without thinking twice..!!!

I was once lost in my own world about how dad would take it when me n my sis got married and settled off somewhere else, some place far away from he was. I mean, when I used to go on school trips, may it be overnight or for a couple of days; I knew that dad didn't take it well.. So this one day; ages back I sat and wrote down this poem which I intended to give dad the day I have to leave, married n all.. I dont know why I am posting this here, because it is something that is very close to my heart and one of my most heartfelt poems....


The first man in my life

I have always been your little girl
For the past sixteen or so years
And, one day I'll grow up, big and strong
Into this sensuous woman I've dream't for so long

And then will come one day, one long, hard day
When you have to let me go, say goodbye
Because another man is staking his claims on me
And that shall be the hardest day dad, this I guarantee

And then I'll know how strong you are
For you have to let go of this little girl
The one you sat upon your shoulders and told
Funny, deep and scary stories, new and old

That's when dad I'll understand the pain of parting
But I'll also realise the importance of understanding
Loving the first man in my life
And I know now why you are my inspiring light

You, I'll understand my dear loving father
Are the best man for me, except for that other man you see
And even when I leave this house to part far from you
Remember dad that there is no man as great as you.

I hope you will know in those times when I have hurt you,
I may have not realised the pain I inflicted upon you
But as I write these words of apology and love
Dad you will always be the first man I loved.

3 comments:

Abishek Ravi said...

the lil gal's growin up eh??? ;)
anyways it was awesome and i got no words. i really cant relate to it coz am a guy here :)
but it was awesome in the end coz i never knew how to write poems :D

Arvind S said...

nice poem dady's big girl:)

friends _m_here said...


what shall i say .....it is self explanatory.....the unspoken(buried in the core of the heart of this truly daddy's girl) love,care n respect 4 daddy is really can't be expressed in words absolutely superb....:-) ....