2 Nov 2006

Ummm... WHY ME?

Has it ever happened that one fine day.. one of your closest and nicest friends, change? Change not for the better but for the worse?? And then only talk to you when they have work; which most probably only you can help them with?? WHY??

Why is it that it doesn't strike them that they are being selfish?? Or is it that overnight the wonderful person you knew changed into a selfish snob? How does it happen that people just stop caring for someone? Or is it that they still care but think it would be too stupid of them to let the other person know that they still cared? Or would it mean that you would have to let your pride droop a li'l??? Or is it that suddenly we have no place in your life..!! Or maybe it is just that we haven't yet stopped caring!!!!

I have this friend or rather had this friend XXX. (Name not written to protect her identity but I couldn't care less!) The entire college knew how good friends we were. We would hang out together, go home together, hang out at each other's place... Basically all the stuff that pretty good friends do... Two semesters we spent laughing together, cracking sad jokes, acting drunk, teasing each other, being there for each other.... Semester three started off well.. I mean we are in different branches but like we cared.. We would wait up for each other if one of us were left early n stuff like that.. But stuff changed... Our friend circle expanded to accommodate new classmates and also to try and maintain the old ones... Thats not easy n I admit that but that doesn't mean that we can't try.. The beginning of semester 3 saw us pretty normal n stuff.. Problems started once all the extra curricular activities started... There was our college fest, robo making which involves a lot of time, Y.F.E. protests etc... I didn't take a very active part in them because I wasn't keeping well and this girl goes for all of these and apparently makes new best friends overnight..!!! Suddenly so many people in college know so many personal details in my life...!!!! I was shocked..!! Upon questioning her she just tells me she thought I might have told all these people I hardly know personal details..!!! She was apologetic but WTF!!!! You dont say stuff to people because you think they might know about something..!! You especially dont say stuff that is of a personal nature and especially not if that is not yours..!!!!

This raised quite a few warning bells in my head.. But I chose to ignore them. I gave her the benefit of doubt. Then more shit happens.. We hardly meet in college, talk or for that matter, do ANYTHING!!!!! Then it so happens that I invite her over to my place for Ganpati. She told me that there was Ganpati in her building as well and that the youngsters there organised it and hence she wouldn't be able to come to my place. I didn't give it another thought until another fellow from college turned up. he told me that this girl had gone to Prayag's n Dhiraj's place because they had Ganpati there!!!! OUCH!!!! That hurt..!! I laughed it off.. I thought this fellow was kidding me... Turns out he wasn't..!!!! I wouldn't have said anything if she had told me that she had already told these guys that she was going to their place.. No issues at all... But she didn't have to lie to me.. I would have understood... But the lie kinda killed it all... Stuff was already not smooth sailing between us.. n then this happens!!!! N then the ultimate.. This girl has the hots for some senior who apparently liked her back... I stick with her all day long hearing her worries and her apprehension about if things moight work out between them and the gratitude I got was she telling me at the end of the day, "Don't interfere in my life..."

Man, how much can u take me for granted?? I'm not a heartless stone you know.. I have feelings.. N ya, I DO GET HURT!!! Why is it so that you people don't get it??? She has not apologised for that incident and she hasn't bothered about it.. I had to take the initiative.. SUCKS bigtime... N then her only words are, "Lets start over". Well.. we never did get off to a start.. the guy who she was worried about and all, well they re going out.. so madam never has time for us people anymore... And her reason is "It is a new relationship, I need to give it time."
Fine, dude.. Give it time.. But not such that you alienate your friends...!!! Prioritise stuff girl..!! But guess that never happens does it???

I know I might be sounding jealous and stupid to try and get her friendship back.. Maybe I am stupid to do so.. But I just don't stop caring overnight... I can't.. I am not built that way! And to add fuel to the fire, her boyfriend has decided to take my case because he is plain dumb I guess. OR maybe he is trying to win over appreciation. But when he says stuff like "Nobody who knows you can stand you for one second", you go back to your first words.. "WHY ME????"


9 comments:

prasad said...

....................speechless....
this could result in two ways....and tht also two extreme ends.....totally depend on ur friend....so lets her decide

Arvind S said...

Ouch...I understand ur feelings ...its good to know u give people a second chance....keep it up.Well all i can say is that u shld remember that not all friends are like that..and it goes to show that u need to pick ur frnds very carefully:)....see if what they say is what they really mean..as for this friend...since u cant stop caring ..lets hope time will heal things.

Unknown said...

wat is this.. i mean if u r her best friend i think u need to calmly tell her ur problems and not go about blurtin out to the world..
friends stay 4 ever..
u need to by her and understand her relationship 2..
i dont think friends can fight on stupid issues like this..
if u felt hurt of her behavior shud not return back to her like this..
wat u trryin to prove by puttin it online!!
its either u dont hav the the guts to discuss it wit her u..
or may be u r way to selfish!!!

Anindita said...

Dear Kumud... firstly the best frnd thing is in the past tense... i have stuck by her when she needed me to hear her insult me when i needed her by my side... friends stay forever.. well know what.. some of them just dont turn out to be friends.. trying to prove... hmmm... my blog is my release n my way to chucking out tensions in my life... guts... well i have already told her wht there was to say... n sometimes u need to be selfish when ur dignity n self respect comes into play... oh n by the way i dont bitch about to other people abt wht is happening.. i put it online... thats my way of saying yes, i care for my friends but i care for myself too... coz in the end, it is a selfish world... where each n every one fends for themselves...

Unknown said...

hey ani,
first of all chill!!(i know who r u talkin abt)....anyways lemme tel u this.....u dnt need 2 b sad abt it....just say (f@#%k of)...and never think abt such selfish people...and secondly b happy always!!(thats my funda)..some people r just built that way.....like me evry1 in cllge teases me...i dnt gve a dam(u know what they tease)...i always reciprocate....remember 1 thing...always reciprocate in the same way as the other behaves!!......then u get me she wil understand how 1 feels after being teased or 1's best friend goes...

Darkness and deep said...

Interesting, was arbitlly surfing through blog spot.. landed on this ..
I guess u'll always feel better after such a "let go". Felt like commenting, cause have had experience very similar to yours.. But the best thing is that person is suffering big time!! i'll guarantee u that( cause its happened n my case)

Born to balance the gud said...

Listen Life gets us all in different ways and it tests us tht way some wait and try to overcome them and some believe its 3rd degree torture and cry!!! well we r and will have contradicting personalities but now i simply feel sorry for u. I know wht the whole situation has been and ther could have been different ways of handlin them,all I would say is 1st take off this blog before tht friend sees it or just let her read it and make her sad well dont worry i ll see to it tht she wont be sad coz I didnt become friends with her OVERNIGHT....
and if shes read it already,if i was in ur place i would be really grateful to have a friend like her

Zapher said...

Sneha (Born to balance the good)

Honestly speaking you dont have to feel sorry for me... I am not out here to gather pity.. I know that we all have contradicting personalities.. You havent been in my situation, you havent been through the times i have been, you havent felt the pain of waking up knowing that your closest frnd aint gonna be by ur side anymore... It all comes down to say.. you are still worried about my friend being sad, not about the times of pain and sadnesss I have been through,, Maybe if you saw this situation from a third parties point of view, instead of a battle between 2 people you know, maybe you could have taken a more impersonal view on it... It is good to know that u dint become friends with her overnight... But I know who my friends in college are... I learnt it overnight, n I learnt it the hard way...

Sonia Prabhu said...

well... i just happened to come across this blog.. just browsing thru diff blogs...
one advice frm me... stop expectin frm ppl.. i kno its freakin diff to do tht whn a person is so close to u, u automatically tend to expect things... bt wht have i learnt over life is just don expect anythn...
time changes, days change, climate change.. so do ppl... whn they get new frens.. they stop carin for d old ones...
all is rosy for ur fren now tht she has got her bf.. bt it absolutely immoral frm her part to hv let out ur personal details... & such ppl don deserve to calld as frens either.. so good tht b4 she cud harm u evn more u cut off frm her!!
wishing u al d very best in future.. cya.. keep blogging!!!