29 Apr 2006

Had a long day today and it has not yet come to an end!! Got up at ten feeling like a drug addict because I haven't been getting enough sleep off late!! Was up till about 4 the previous night and I had class at 7 in the morning! My alarm went off at 6 and I literally had to pry my eyes open!! LOL! I put the alarm on snooze and when it rang out for the 3rd time my dad woke up(I was still sleeping like a log!!) I handed my cell over to him and told him that I couldn't go for the class and peacefully went back to sleep... There are power cuts at my place from 8 in the morning to about 10:30. I woke up at ten with my landline ringing like a fog horn near my ears! I struggled out of bed and picked it up only to get a dial tone in my ears! Fortunately for me, I remembered that Rasika was supposed to call up and I gave her a ring back!!

After that I freshened up and went and lounged about the sofa. My ma told me that she was going to my sister's school to pick up her results. In the meanwhile dad was also leaving for office. My only company in my place with my maid!! She loves to talk and today I really wasn't inclined to listen to her. Somehow I did; willing the electricity to come soon so that
I could idlest have a valid excuse to run!! I look at my clock and it reads 11!! There is no sign of any electricity in my place... Cursing the entire MSEB and my bad luck, I go over to my room hoping that I can find something to do in the meanwhile! AAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................!!!
My maid was there! She was hanging up clothes there!! Ohh shit!! I gotta run else she'll start with her talks! She speaks in rapid marathi and her dialect is different from the one I am used to. As a result; I don't get half of her words. The frustration of not having electricity, an extremely helpful but talkative maid combined with the lack of sleep!! My face!! You should have seen it!!It would have made your day!! I looked like I was undergoing the most horrific of tortures and trust me; I was!!

In the meanwhile, my ma and my sis have come back and yet there are no signs of any electricity at my place..... My sister's result was terrific. 91% average!!!! Damn....!!! My maid is exceptionally happy to see my ma and her chatter increases three fold!! My sister is excitedly rattling the names of all the people in her class for the next year and god alone knows what else....... My lazy friend is giving me missed calls wanting me to call up and someone is getting the wrong number and I'm getting calls for some hospital at my place instead!! By the way, THERE IS STILL NO ELECTRICITY!!! I am getting a little desperate!! I call up Vishnu thinking he can cheer me up; which he does. The only hitch is that about a million people are calling up on the landline including a couple of wrong numbers!!!! Somehow after disconnecting the phone for the umpteenth time I tell myself; Vishnu will have to wait! But where the hell is the current.......????????? Damn MSEB! I was about to gather all the profanity I know to abuse MSEB when suddenly.......................................
....................................aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
My fan is working!! Ahhhhhh............. That was pure heaven!! That was just 12 'o' clock in the afternoon and it already seemed to me as if I was done with the entire day!!!

No comments: